- 8 slices Villaggio® Original Thick Sliced Italian Style White Bread
- 4 thin sliced boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 8 oz (225 g) fresh mozzarella (fior di latte), sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) basil pesto
- 8 tomato slices
Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Toss chicken with half the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until grill-marked and just cooked through.
Sandwich tomato slices, chicken, pesto and cheese slices between 2 slices of bread. Repeat to make 4 sandwiches. Brush outside of bread with remaining olive oil.
Grill sandwich for 1 to 2 minutes per side over medium heat or until cheese starts to melt and bread is grill-marked.
If serving for less people, divide accordingly.
If you can’t find fresh mozzarella (also called fior de latte) use regular slices of mozzarella.